You can choose the operating wavelength of the BOOSTIK HP system freely in the 1 or 1.5 µm range, and the excellent beam quality enables efficient frequency conversion (see figure below for examples).
The combination of ultra-low noise, narrow linewidth, and high power output makes the Koheras BOOSTIK HP laser a highly versatile system for a long-range of applications. Use the BOOSTIK HP for:
- Optical length and frequency standards
- Quantum optics/computing & phenomena, such as optical trapping, optical lattice, Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC), atom interferometer, squeezing
- Nonlinear optics pump source (SHG, DFG, OPO)
- Laser-based metrology, precision laser interferometry, spectroscopy
- Optical heterodyning
- Coherent communication
- Coherent beam combining
If you need to address specific transition lines for applications involving rubidium (Rb) and potassium (K), please check out our HARMONIK second harmonic generation module.
|Model||Standard Wavelength||Others Wavelengths||Output power||PM||Fast modulation|
|E15||1550.12 nm||1550 - 1570 nm||5, 10, or 15 W||Yes||Yes|
|Y10||1064.00 nm||1050 - 1090 nm||2, 5, 10, or 15 W||Yes||Yes|
The system is available with three types of ADJUSTIK seeders:
E15: This is an Erbium-doped fiber laser system for operation in the 1550-1570 nm wavelength range offering the lowest phase and frequency noise and narrowest linewidth of the entire laser portfolio. It is often deployed for interferometric sensor applications demanding 10s of kilometers of coherence length and ultra-high frequency stability.
Y10: Ytterbium-doped fiber laser system for operation in the 1050-1090 nm wavelength range with narrow linewidth and low-intensity noise. This laser is commonly used for laser stabilization, atomic physics, spectroscopy, fusion energy, general replacement of conventional Nd:YAG lasers, and many other applications.
Tuning and PM Options
- PM operation: The output of the fiber laser systems is per default Single Mode Fiber and PM (Polarization Maintaining) output ensures a fixed orientation of the polarization. This may be required whenever the laser output needs to be externally modulated or to be used with PM-sensitive devices.
- Thermal wavelength tuning: The fiber laser systems are per default thermally tunable to enable the user to match and stabilize the laser at a certain wavelength.
- Piezo-electric wavelength tuning: Piezo tuning capability enables the user to frequency stabilize the laser wavelength to an external reference such as an atomic transition or interferometer to obtain even higher laser stability than provided by the thermal control.
|Center wavelength [nm] 1)||1550-1570, optionally other||1050-1090, optionally lower|
|Laser emission||CW - inherently single frequency||CW - inherently single frequency|
|Beam quality (2W output)||M² < 1.1||M² < 1.1|
|Beam quality (≥5W output)||M² < 1.1||M² < 1.3|
|Output power [W] 2)||5, 10 or 15||2, 5, 10 or 15|
|Output power regulation [%] 3)||30-100||30-100|
|Linewidth [kHz]||< 1||< 20, optionally lower|
|Linewidth (Lorentzian) [kHz]||< 0.1||-|
|Phase-noise [µrad/√Hz] 1m opt. path||<2@100 Hz, 0.8@1 kHz, 0.4@10 kHz||NA|
|RIN peak [MHz]||app. 0.7||app. 1.5|
|RIN level [dBc/Hz]km 4)||<-100@peak/<-135 @ 10MHz||<-105@peak/ <-140 @ 10 MHz|
|Long term stability (RMS, 1h@25°C) [%]km 5)||<+/- 2 %||<+/- 2 %|
|Optical S/N [dB] (50 pm res.)||> 50 (depending on wavelength)||> 50 (depending on wavelength)|
|Polarization||Linear (PM)||Linear (PM)|
|Min. thermal wavelength tuning range [pm]||+/- 350||+/- 240|
|Total thermal wavelength tuning range [pm]||1000||700|
|Fast wavelength modulation range [GHz]||8||10|
|Fast wavelength modulation [kHz]||Up to 20||Up to 20|
|Optical monitor output (from seed)||FC/APC||FC/APC|
|Output fiber termination (2W output)||FC/APC||FC/APC & Collimator|
|Output fiber termination (≥5W output)||Collimator||Collimator|
|Typical beam diameter @1/e²||2W: FC/APC
5, 10 W: ~2mm
|2W: FC/APC / < 2.2 mm
5, 10, 15W: < 1 mm
|Output isolation [dB]||> 35||> 30|
1) The center wavelength is selectable within the specified range. For options outside range, please contact us.
2) Depends on center wavelength
3) Range can be larger depending on center wavelength and output power
4) Shot-noise limited > 5 MHz.
5) After warm up (10-20 min)
|Power supply requirements [VAC]||100-240, 50-60 Hz|
|Digital interface||USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100|
|Frequency modulation||DB9 (male), differential 2x5 V|
|Fiber output type||FC/APC|
|Fiber pigtail length [m]||App. 1|
|Monitor output||Yes (FC/APC bulkhead)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) [mm]||49 x 447 x 386 (19” 1U)|
|Weight [kg]||App. 6|
|Power supply requirements [VDC]||90-240 VAC; 50-60 Hz|
|Fiber pigtail length [m]||> 1|
|Connectors||FC/APC or collimated|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) [mm]||132x448x451 (19” 3U)|
|Operating temperature range [˚C]||15 - 35|
|Storage temperature range [˚C]||0 - 50|
|Weight [kg]||< 13|
Mechanical - ADJUSTIK seeder
Mechanical - BOOSTIK HP amplifier
|All NKT Photonics products are produced under our quality management system certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.|