Imagine the brightness of a laser with the spectrum of the sun!
Are you looking for a light source for solar cell characterizing? A bright and broad light source with high pointing stability and a single-mode profile?
You can get this and more from our SuperK supercontinuum white light lasers. They are ideal sunlight simulators.
High pointing stability is crucial when you direct light onto and perform measurements on tiny structures.
The single-mode beam profile lets you focus the light into tiny spot sizes as small as the structures you are characterizing.
Broadband and tunable
If you add a filter, you convert the SuperK laser into a tunable broadband light source. This way, you can simulate both the power and wavelength over a broad bandwidth and make absorption and transmission measurements on solar cells and other photovoltaic materials.
Our SuperK lasers give you bright diffraction-limited light from 390-2400 nm. Fiber delivered and collimated. You even get MHz picosecond pulses with tunable repetition rate and adjustable delay.
Reliability at the forefront
A maintenance-free lifetime of thousands of hours
The SuperK series is based on our world-renowned Crystal Fibre technology that has reliably delivered supercontinuum to commercial and academic users for over 15 years.
We have more than 60 SuperK supercontinuum white light lasers running in our test lab – day and night – to ensure that they meet industrial requirements.
Our lasers are fully fiber monolithic which ensures excellent reliability and a lifetime of thousands of hours – as well as maintenance-free and alignment-free operation.
Our industrial white light lasers typically run 24/7 for more than a full year without any service.
- Optimizing the Photovoltaic Performance of Organic Solar Cells for Indoor Light Harvesting by Mengmeng Cui, Prof. Aifeng Lv, Prof. Zaifei Ma published in ChemPhysChem, 2022.
- Wide-bandgap organic solar cells with a novel perylene-based non-fullerene acceptor enabling open-circuit voltages beyond 1.4 V by Jakob Hofinger, Stefan Weber, Felix Mayr, Anna Jodlbauer, Matiss Reinfelds, Thomas Rath, Gregor Trimmel, Markus C. Scharber published in Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2022.
- Photoprotection in metal halide perovskites by ionic defect formation by Nga Phung, Alessandro Mattoni, Joel A. Smith, Dieter Skroblin, Hans Köbler, Leo Choubrac, Joachim Breternitz, Jinzhao Li, Thomas Unold, Susan Schorr, Christian Gollwitzer, Ivan G. Scheblykin, Eva L. Unger, Michael Saliba, Simone Meloni, Antonio Abate, Aboma Merdasa published in Joule, 2022.
- Fully Vacuum-Processed Perovskite Solar Cells on Pyramidal Microtextures by Lidón Gil-Escrig, Marcel Roß, Johannes Sutter, Amran Al-Ashouri, Christiane Becker, Steve Albrecht published in RRL Solar, 2021.
- Four-terminal perovskite/silicon tandem solar cell with integrated Mie-resonant spectral splitter metagrating by Verena Neder, Dong Zhang, Sjoerd Veenstra, Albert Polman, 2020.
- Humidity-robust scalable metal halide perovskite film deposition for photovoltaic applications by Carlo Andrea Riccardo Perini, Anil Reddy Pininti, Samuele Martani, Peter Topolovsek, Andrea Perego, Daniele Cortecchia, Annamaria Petrozza, Mario Caironi published in Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020.
- Sensitization of silicon by singlet exciton fission in tetracene by Tony C. Wu, Markus Einzinger, Julia Kompalla, Hannah Smith, Collin Perkinson, Leas Nienhaus, Sarah Wieghold, Daniel Congreve, Nicholas Thompson, Antoine Kahn, Moungi Bawendi, Marc A. Baldo published in SPIE Nanoscience + Engineering proceedings, 2020.
- Dimensionally Engineered Perovskite Heterostructure for Photovoltaic and Optoelectronic Applications by Sung Heo, Gabseok Seo, Kyung Taek Cho, Yonghui Lee, Sanghyun Paek, Sung Kim, Minsu Seol, Seong Heon Kim, Dong-Jin Yun, Kihong Kim, Jucheol Park, Jaehan Lee, Lorenz Lechner, Thomas Rodgers, Jong Won Chung, Ju-Sik Kim, Dongwook Lee, Suk-Ho Choi, Mohammad Khaja Nazeeruddin published in Advanced Energy Materials, 2019.
- Controlling competing photochemical reactions stabilizes perovskite solar cells by Silvia G. Motti, Daniele Meggiolaro, Alex J. Barker, Edoardo Mosconi, Carlo Andrea Riccardo Perini, James M. Ball, Marina Gandini, Min Kim, Filippo De Angelis, Annamaria Petrozza published in Nature Photonics, 2019.
- Efficient perovskite solar cells by hybrid perovskites incorporated with heterovalent neodymium cations by Kai Wang, Luyao Zheng, Tao Zhu, Xiang Yao, Chao Yi, Xiaotao Zhang, Yu Cao, Lei Liu, Wenping Hu, Xiong Gong published in Nano Energy, 2019.
- Sensitization of silicon by singlet exciton fission in tetracene by Markus Einzinger, Tony Wu, Julia F. Kompalla, Hannah L. Smith, Collin F. Perkinson, Lea Nienhaus, Sarah Wieghold, Daniel N. Congreve, Antoine Kahn, Moungi G. Bawendi, Marc A. Baldo published in Nature, 2019.
- Development in utilizing singlet fission and triplet-triplet annihilation to improve solar cell efficiency thesis by Tony Chang-Chi Wu, Thesis: Ph. D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2018.
- Spontaneous Fluctuations of Transition Dipole Moment Orientation in OLED Triplet Emitters by Florian Steiner, Sebastian Bange, Jan Vogelsang, and John M. Lupton published in Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2015.
ARTICLES AND BACKGROUND INFO
- Article by Tasshi Dennis, published in the IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics: A Novel Solar Simulator Based on a Supercontinuum Laser for Solar Cell Device and Materials Characterization
- Article by Mark. L. Brongersma, published in the NanoLetters: Light Trapping for Solar Fuel Generation with Mie Resonances
- Article by F. Wang, N. A. Melosh, published in the Nature Communication: Power-independent wavelength determination by hot carrier collection in metal-insulator-metal devices
- Article by Mark L. Brongersma published in the NanoLetters: Redesigning Photodetector Electrodes as an Optical Antenna