aeroGAIN-BASE – high power ytterbium fiber gain modules
The aeroGAIN-BASE are high-performance ytterbium fiber gain modules. They are designed for industrial manufacturers of ultrafast pulsed fiber lasers, or you can use them as an easy entry into high-power scientific setups.
We have equipped all modules with an optional 10 or 15 µm step-index single-mode fiber input for easy splicing to a seed source. The gain fiber, our industry-leading DC-200/40-PZ-Yb, has the industry’s largest single-mode MFD.
The high pointing stability and low nonlinearity enable a really flexible and versatile laser architecture where the same aeroGAIN-BASE module can be used for amplification of fs-, ps- and ns pulses, with high-frequency conversion efficiency whenever needed.
For optimal performance, the aeroGAIN-BASE modules are designed for counter-propagating pumping through the output end-cap. The end-cap and the last part of the gain fiber are mounted in a water-cooled housing (aeroGAIN-BASE-1.1 and 1.2) to ensure maximum performance and lifetime.
All modules are assembled and tested in cleanrooms. The aeroGAIN-BASE-1.1 and -1.2 come mounted on a tooling plate to ensure the endcap is clean. This tooling plate can also be used as a mount in the laboratory.
The aeroGAIN-BASE design has proven its industrial 24/7 reliability through a significant number of long-term tests including continuous 25,000 hours of operation at 55 W output power. Lifetime in specific OEM systems depends on pump power, pump wavelength, cooling efficiency, etc. Get in touch for supporting system design.
1) Evaluated with 2 W input power at 1064 nm and 75 W output power
1) The system is shipped on a larger tooling plate that can also be used for mounting the module during test.
2) Open aperture.
- AGB 1.1 Module (3d model file).step
- AGB 1.1 Module with transport plate (mechanical drawing)
- AGB 1.1 Mounting handle tool (3d model file).step
- AGB 1.1 Mounting handle tool (mechanical drawing)
- AGB 1.2 Module (3d model file).step
- AGB 1.2 Mounting handle tool (3d model file).step
- aeroGAIN BASE 1.1 Datasheet
- aeroGAIN BASE 1.2 Datasheet
- aeroGAIN BASE 1.3 Datasheet