Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Sales in the Americas will be responsible for building on the established success in the Americas and further increasing our sales presence within the region. Working together with a team of motivated Sales Engineers based in the US and the product management team at the Danish HQ, the candidate will expand the Americas market, by increasing market share from our competitors, opening up new market avenues and positioning NKT Photonics in front of key OEM opportunities. In addition to managing the sales expectations and budgets of his/her sales engineers, the director will also be responsible for actively attracting and closing business of key customers.
- Establishing and maintaining an aggressive sales budget for the Americas region
- Managing a team of sales engineers and ensuring budget goals are met
- Identifying and expanding regional sales market and applications
- Organizing market relevant conferences, exhibitions and marketing events
- Reporting regional market/product intelligence to Product and Business Development to maintain and increase our market share
- Help identify potential OEM customers for business development
- Ensuring regional pipeline information in the company CRM is always up to date
- Frequent customer visits to develop new customers and support existing ones
- Managing local logistics such as shipping of demos, RMAs and exhibition equipment
Required Skills and Experience
- Candidate must be a US citizen preferably located in MA or CA.
- Proven track record in regional sales management and sales growth
- Experience in selling laser based products, especially to the academic and SMB market
- Able to communicate with customers on a technical level
- Ability to establish close relationships with key customers
- Excellent presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of a team
- Able to travel extensively through the Americas region
You will be a self-motivated individual with a flair for contacting, communicating and closing sales with customers as well as managing a team of highly motivated individuals. Excellent time management and communication skills are taken as given.
Ideally, the successful candidate holds a degree in a technical discipline and preferably also in a mercantile discipline. Preference will be given to candidates that possess relevant experience in sales and marketing of laser technology / photonics / optoelectronics markets.