So many advantages
The LIOS temperature and strain sensing solutions gives you a quick and easy overview of the status of your installation. They deliver continuous and accurate monitoring of temperature and strain over long distances or across large surfaces – at the speed of light!
Compared to traditional sensing solutions, you get so many advantages with a LIOS sensing system.
One huge advantage is the continuous distributed monitoring. Because the length of the optical fiber serves as a sensor, you can get a spatial resolution as low as 1m.
Another advantage is that a LIOS system is the most cost-effective for large installations as you do not have to install heaps of conventional sensors across your installation.
Our systems are extremely robust because they are not affected by environmental factors that would normally influence traditional sensors. Made from durable components, the systems are highly reliable, too.
Because we use passive optical fibers as distributed sensors, a LIOS sensing system is immune to vibration, electromagnetic noise, dust, cryogenic temperatures, and moisture – no matter the challenge, our robust fiber optic sensor can withstand it!
We have installed LIOS sensing systems worldwide in critical applications such as:
- fire detection in road and rail tunnels
- special hazardous buildings
- power cable and aerial transmission line monitoring
- in oil & gas exploration
- for industrial induction furnaces surveillance
Our LIOS product series is carefully designed and thoroughly tested targeting reliable performance and accurate temperature monitoring over long distances or large areas in industrial environments.
An excellent Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) of more than 45 years is obtained – based on the latest statistical field analysis.
The Distributed Temperature Sensing OFDR technology – with its approved optical components from the telecom industry – enables us to provide you with sophisticated fibre optic temperature surveillance at commodity prices.
We use a modern and durable semiconductor laser diode instead of a complex solid-state laser. The laser diode is type tested according the Telcordia GR-468 standard and is fulfilling telecom standards. Not only the laser diode was tested, the entire system was comprehensively evaluated by various independent international bodies (e.g. the Germany VdS, the association of German asset insurers), which includes EMI tests as well as endurance tests at accelerated aging environments.
Get the full solution
Being the market leader in distributed optical sensing systems, we provide full solutions from the early design phase, over installation and commissioning, to service and maintenance once the system is deployed.
Everything is made in Germany with full ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications.
Get in touch to hear how we can help you!
- Robust industrial design
- Maintenance-free due to fan-free design with passive cooling and no moving parts
- Widespread use of Telcordia tested components ensures high reliability (MTBF >45 years)
- Full turn-key solution with installation
- Full monitoring solutions with advanced visualization software
- Integrated communication with third party equipment
- Full temperature profile available
- Easy commissioning and self-diagnostics
- High level of automation in installation (wizards and self-scanning)
- No integrated Windows PC for better data security and higher reliability
- Encrypted communication available for all
- Two Ethernet ports for two different domains (also for redundant communication)
- Single-ended detection with no loop-back needed (loop-back offered on request)
- ATEX/IECEx certified
- Laser product class 1M according to DIN EN 60825-1:2007 means the system is safe to install and operate