One vital component in the DE.TECT smart sensor design is a tube that accommodates 2 optical fibers. The coating of the optical fiber can be tailored to optimally suit the required resistance to temperature conditions and mechanical impacts in your specific project.
The wall thickness of the tube sheathing, the material used, and additional protective measures as stranded wires or coatings allow for an optimized design. Versions with an additional stranded wire layer upon the tube are available for fast temperature detection or if stricter requirements apply with regards to tensile strength and mechanical robustness. For applications with a high amount of electromagnetic disturbances like rail tunnels or power supply line tunnels DE.TECT offers a metal-free cable to minimize the risk of induced voltages. The sensor is completely passive over its entire detection range and the DE.TECT fiber optic linear heat detection can therefore be carried out in areas where high safety risks exist – even in areas with a risk of explosion.
- Embedded inside the HV/EHV insulated power cable (e.g. FIMT) or installed separately (external FO cable attached to the jacket or installed in a separate duct)
- Intuitive visualization and storage software
- Small, flexible, and purely passive sensor element immune to electromagnetic interference and aggressive atmospheric conditions
- Maintenance-free (essential for underground inaccessible areas)
- Adaptable to any type of applications and installation conditions
- Based on a standard multi-mode and single-mode telecom fibers