NKT Photonics manufactures two ranges of high pulse energy ultrafast laser systems that serve a vast range of material processing and industrial applications.
The HE range (HE1060/532) produces femtosecond or picosecond pulses with energies up to 10 μJ and ultra-high peak power. Along with tunable repetition rates from single shot to 1MHz, the HE range is a versatile tool for high-throughput thin-film laser material processing.
The multi-Megawatt level peak-power and ultrafast pulses delivered by the HYLASE system are suitable for processing the most demanding materials including transparent glasses & plastics. Typical applications include photovoltaic & electronics production, display glass processing, and security & decorative marking.
The following application notes describe a selection of applications and, using NKT Photonics fully-equipped applications laboratory, we can provide a solution to your material processing needs.
Application notes on material processing
- Stent micromachining using ultrashort laser pulses
- Unique Device Identification Black Marking for the Medical Industry
- Machining Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics with Picosecond High-Energy Lasers
- Picosecond Pulsewidths Provide Improvements to Thin Film Microprocessing
- Amorphous-Silicon Thin-Film Photovoltaic P2 and P3 Scribing Using a High-Energy Picosecond Pulsed Fiber Laser
- Thin-Film Photovoltaic P1 Scribing of Molybdenum with a High Energy Picosecond Pulsed Fiber Laser
- Thin-film PV Scribing Using a High-Energy Picosecond Pulsed Fiber Laser
- Laser Scribing of Sapphire Wafers and Display Glass with a Picosecond Fiber Laser
- Patterning Silicon Nitride Anti-Reflection Coatings on Crystalline-Silicon Solar Cells Using a High-Energy Picosecond Fiber Laser Pulsed Fiber Laser
- Surface Structuring Materials with Picosecond High-Energy Lasers for Microprocessing
- Scribing and Patterning of Transparent Conducting Oxides with a High Energy Picosecond Fiber Laser
- Laser Microprocessing of Transparent Materials with a Visible or IR Picosecond Fiber Laser