The Koheras ADJUSTIK is a rack-mountable benchtop single frequency DFB fiber laser. Based on our our renowned BASIK modules, the ADJUSTIK is the pinnacle of industrial low noise lasers featuring ultra low phase noise and Hz-range linewidth normally only found in costly scientific systems.
This range of benchtop laser systems is typically offered as rapidly deployable sources for research laboratories that wish to use it as a tool for scientific work and not spend time on setting up a laser system. The benchtop models are based on the Koheras BASIK Module seed technology and are upgradable in terms of output power. The systems are supplied with our CONTROL software for the control and read-out of laser parameters on a pc such as wavelength, output power, and RIN suppression.
- Industry leading low phase noise
- Extremely narrow linewidth
- Stable single frequency operation
- Wide thermal wavelength tuning
- Integrated fast wavelength modulation
- Easy-to-use benchtop system
- PM output
|Model||Standard Wavelength||Other wavelengths||Output power||PM||Fast modulation|
|X15||1550.12 nm||1535 - 1580 nm||22.5 mW*||Yes||Yes|
|E15||1550.12 nm||1535 - 1580 nm||40 mW||Yes||Yes|
|Y10||1064.00 nm||1030 - 1120 nm||> 10 mW*||Yes||Yes|
*) Fixed output power (non adjustable).
C15: Is a Co-doped Erbium/Ytterbium fiber laser for operation in the 1535-1580 nm wavelength range offering the lowest intensity noise (RIN) and is a shot noise limited fiber laser.
X15/E15: Is an Erbium doped fiber laser for operation in the 1535-1580 nm wavelength range offering the lowest phase and frequency noise and narrowest linewidth of the entire laser portfolio. It is often deployed for interferometric sensor applications demanding 10s of kilometers of coherence length and ultra-high frequency stability.
Y10: Ytterbium doped fiber laser system for operation in the 1030-1120 nm wavelength range with narrow linewidth and low intensity noise. This laser is commonly used for laser stabilisation, atomic physics / metrology, spectroscopy, fusion energy, general replacement of conventional Nd:YAG lasers, and many other applications.
Tuning and PM Options
- PM operation: The output of the ADJUSTIK fiber laser is a Single Mode Fiber with PM (Polarisation Maintaing) output to ensure a fixed orientation of the polarisation. This may be required whenever the laser output needs to be externally modulated or frequency converted.
- Thermal wavelength tuning: The Koheras fiber laser systems are per default thermally tunable to enable the user to match and stabilise the laser at a certain wavelength.
- Fast wavelength tuning: This feature can be offered for applications demanding a higher wavelength stability than provided by the free running laser. It enables the laser e.g. to be locked to an external reference such as an atomic transition line or interferometer.
- Linewidth reduction to 5 kHz (C15 model)
|Laser emission||CW - inherently single frequency|
|Beam quality [M²]||< 1.05||< 1.05||< 1.05|
|Linewidth [kHz] 1||< 0.1||< 0.1||< 20|
|Max phase noise
|Max phase-noise [µrad/√Hz/m]||3.1 @1Hz
|RIN peak [MHz]||app. 0.7||app. 0.7||app. 1.5|
|RIN level @ peak / 10 MHz [dBc/Hz]||<-100 / <-135||<-100 / <-135||<-105 / <-140|
|Optical S/N (50 pm res.) [dB]||> 50 (typ. > 55)||> 50 (typ. > 55)||> 65 (typ > 70)|
|Min thermal wavelength tuning range [pm] 2||+/- 350||+/- 350||+/- 240|
|Total thermal tuning range [pm]||1000||1000||680|
|Fast wavelength modulation range [GHz]||0.6||8||10|
|Fast wavelength modulation [kHz]||Up to 20|
|PM output - PER [dB]||> 23.|
2) Relative to center wavelength at room temperature. If the laser is operated in very cold or hot environments, this wavelength range is truncated on either the upper or lower side.
|Power supply requirements [VAC]||100-240, 50-60 Hz|
|Digital interface||USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100|
|Amplitude and frequency modulation||DB9 (male), differential 2x5 V|
|Fiber output type||FC/APC|
|Fiber pigtail length [m]||App. 1|
|Monitor output||Yes (FC/APC bulkhead)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) [mm]||49x447x386 (19” 1U)|
|Weight [kg]||App. 6|
|Operating temperature range [°C]||10 - 55 (system case temperature)|
|Humidity non condensing [%RH]||0 - 70|
|All NKT Photonics products are produced under our quality management system certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2008 standard.|